Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bioblast alert 2011(01): 2011-11-11
- A key question on the separation of qualitative versus quantitative change of mitochondrial function is addressed in a new O2k-Publication. Does training induce mild uncoupling? Are sedentary humans healthy controls?
- Pesta D, Hoppel F, Macek C, Messner H, Faulhaber M, Kobel C, Parson W, Burtscher M, Schocke M, Gnaiger E (2011) Similar qualitative and quantitative changes of mitochondrial respiration following strength and endurance training in normoxia and hypoxia in sedentary humans. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 301: R1078–R1087.
- ET capacity plays a key role in such analyses, which cannot be achieved quantitatively without careful uncoupler titrations.
- Basal respiration - term of the month: a hallmark of high-resolution respirometry is a matching high-resolution terminology.
Bioblast alert 2011(02): 2011-11-17
- Heart failure and mitochondrial dysfunction. Increased OXPHOS capacity after cold preservation of the human heart – a paradox resolved by a dyscoupling mechanism.
- Tissue storage on ice is possible for limited periods of time (several hours) with preservation of mitochondrial respiratory function, as evaluated with SUIT protocols.
- Uncoupled, noncoupled, dyscoupled - term of the week: a hallmark of high-resolution respirometry is a matching high-resolution terminology.
Bioblast alert 2011(03): 2011-11-24
- Fluorometry combined with high-resolution respirometry: Light guide inserted into the chamber through a black PEEK stopper, or optical probe operated through the O2k-glass window.
- Anderson EJ, Rodriguez E, Anderson CA, Thayne K, Chitwood WR, Kypson AP (2011) Increased propensity for cell death in diabetic human heart is mediated by mitochondrial-dependent pathways. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H118-24.
- Hickey AJ, Renshaw GM, Speers-Roesch B, Richards JG, Wang Y, Farrell AP, Brauner CJ (2012) A radical approach to beating hypoxia: depressed free radical release from heart fibres of the hypoxia-tolerant epaulette shark (Hemiscyllum ocellatum). J Comp Physiol B 182:91-100.
- Fluorometry versus fluorimetry - term of the week. >>>New MitoPedia: Fluorometry - high-resolution terminology.
Bioblast alert 2011(04): 2011-12-24
- Congratulations to Dr. Dominik Pesta, for receiving his degree of a PhD at the Medical University of Innsbruck! (Jan 2012)
- Bioblast editorial board - Why a wiki editorial board?
- SUIT protocols for HRR: from intact cells to permeabilized muscle fibres: