(Redirected from Zdrazilova Lucie)
|News and Events||About COST Action MitoEAGLE||Working Groups||MiP/MitoEAGLE Traning School 2019 Coimbra PT||MitoEAGLE Task Group States and rates||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Inclusiveness Target Countries||Management Committee||Members|
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
First Faculty of Medicine,
Charles University, CZ
|Address||Kateřinská 1660/32, 121 08|
|O2k-Network Lab||CZ Prague Zeman J|
|Gnaiger 2019 MitoFit Preprint Arch||2019||Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v4.|
|Gnaiger 2019 NatureConference||2019||Gnaiger E, Passrugger M, Gallee L, Felipe F Garcia-Souza, Zdrazilova L, Doerrier C (2019) High-resolution respirometry and innovations in the Oroboros O2k-technology.|
|Danhelovska 2018 MiP2018||2018||Danhelovska_Presentation|
|Zdrazilova 2018 MiP2018||2018|
|Zdrazilova 2018 MiPschool Tromso C4||2018|
MitoEAGLE Short-Term Scientific Mission
- Work Plan summary
- My name is Lucie Zdrazilova and in October 2018 I started my PhD studies focused on Congenital disorders of glycosylation and their impact on cellular and energetic metabolism. The study of mitochondrial metabolism in congenital disorders of glycosylation may contribute to the elucidation of pathomechanisms in unclear metabolic diseases. We would like to focus on measuring mitochondrial respiration on permeabilized fibroblast cell lines from patients with congenital disorders of glycosylation, because our preliminary results indicate secondary functional abnormalities in mitochondria and glycolytic dysfunction due to a breakdown of the glycosylation pathway. The growth of fibroblast cell lines from patients with congenital disorders of glycosylation is the most limiting factor for our measurements to this date and smaller amount of cells would help us to get more data in shorter time. According to this fact, I would like to participate in optimizing new method using smaller chambers on O2k-FluoRespirometer during STSM in Prof. Gnaiger´s Laboratory. This new method with new type of SUIT protocol and smaller chambers would really help to our project, on which I am focused in my postgraduation studies. Furthermore STSM would be very helpful for me to achieve a lot of new experiences with measuring on O2k-FluoRespirometer in most specialized laboratory in the world for mitochondrial respiration measurements on this instrument and will be used a lot in our following-up project.
- These results could help also to other scientists working with cell cultures and measuring mitochondrial respiration in O2k-FluoRespirometer to get their results in shorter time because of reduced material requirements. Especially scientists using fibroblast cell lines from patients with mitochondrial disorders and with congenital disorders of glycosylation or other diseases could appreciate this reduced amount. Thus, STSM will be focused to target specific goals in MoU i.e. “Providing standardized measurements to link mitochondrial and physiological performance to understand the myriad of factors that play a role in mitochondrial physiology” and devoted to complete specific WG1 and WG4.
- This STSM will be focused on creating new methodological techniques with using additional equipment for O2k-FluoRespirometer, smaller chambers. We will also focus on creating protocol which will suit the best for our following up project. In this STSM I will improve my skills of O2k-FluoRespirometer use and working with different types of cells and get knowledge of different types of cell measurements. This STSM will have a purpose of getting more information about mitochondrial physiology and energetic metabolism in fibroblast cell lines and also in different types of cells. Working in different laboratory will improve my skills in team building, socializing and also help me to improve my English communication ability. This STSM gives us opportunities consolidate and expand cooperation with OROBOROS laboratory.
- First week of this STSM will be focused on training for measurement on O2k-FluoRespirometer and running a proficiency tests. Thereafter we will focus on comparing measurement results of the 0.5 and 2.0 mL chambers with HEK293 cells and thereafter with control fibroblast cell lines by using optimized SUIT protocol. Results of STSM will serve as background for additional experiments on Seahorse XFe24 Bioanalyzer and O2k-Respirometer provided in our laboratory in Prague. The identical SUIT-3 protocol and identical conditions will be used for quantitative comparison of results obtained by the Seahorse XFe24 Bioanalyzer with attached fibroblasts, and by the O2k-FluoRespirometer with suspended cells. The output of this study is planned to be finally published.
- Work Plan summary
Visiting scientist in the Oroboros MitoFit Laboratory
Zdrazilova Lucie: Visiting scientist at the Oroboros MitoFit Laboratory
- December 10 2018 to March 08 2019