- Tyrolean Government grant
- The project O2k-Innovation was supported by the "Technologieförderungsprogramm - Tiroler Innovationsförderung" of the Tyrolean Government.
- Project duration: 2015-02-01 to 2017-01-31.
- Partners: About Oroboros, WGT Elektronik, software security networks.
- Application: 2015-01-30; Granted: 2015-03-24 (total budget € 350.000).
- Funding: € 140,000 plus a bonus of € 5,000 for the implementation of gender sensitive actions.
- Harrison DK, Fasching M, Fontana-Ayoub M, Gnaiger E (2015) Cytochrome redox states and respiratory control in mouse and beef heart mitochondria at steady-state levels of hypoxia. J Appl Physiol Aug 6:jap.00146.2015. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00146.2015. - »Bioblast link«
The fourth dimension of respiratory control
- On the "line": one dimension is insufficient.
- Coupling and pathway control are two necessarily connected dimensions defining the “area” of respiratory control.
- Adding kinetics (including substrate kinetics of O2, CHO, adenylates, Pi, and flux-force kinetics) is the third dimension bringing “volume” into the picture of classical mitochondrial respiratory control.
- The O2k-Innovation on top of O2k-MultiSensor modules and the O2k-FluoRespirometer represent the fourth dimension of respiratory control, by adding analysis of functional variables (such as ROS production, mt-membrane potential, Ca2+, proton flux, cytochrome and NADH redox states, ATP production) to the measurement of O2 and O2-flux in the same chamber.
Development of the O2k-Innovation prototype: a look inside
- Different stages of prototype development: The O2k-Innovation is becoming more and more packed with two spectrofluorometers, two spectrophotometers, light guides, Peltier temperatue control with new heat pipes, microelectronics.